HOWARU® Dophilus (based on lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®)
The world’s first lactobacillus acidophilus used for health foods that is able to improve gastrointestinal health
The human gastrointestinal tract is an extremely complex ecosystem containing a lot of microorganisms–10 times more than the cells that form the human body. Many members of the intestinal microbiota are conducive, but others may be harmful or have unknown functions. Lactobacillus and bifidobacterium are the probiotics that humans are most familiar with and have been safely used for a long time–both of them are lactic acid bacteria. A higher concentration of these bacteria is usually believed to be related to a healthier gastrointestinal tract.
HOWARU® Dophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®) isolated from human intestine is a lactobacillus acidophilus strain supported by the majority research literature and is the first lactobacillus acidophilus strain for which the complete genetic sequence has been obtained.Its clinical studies began in the 1970s and since then more than 300 research papers have been published, which have confirmed that the bacterium can resist gastrointestinal pathogens and help to maintain a healthy intestinal environment. Besides, there is also solid evidence to prove that it is safe. It’s worth mentioning that the bacterium has also been recognized by the world’s top science journal Nature, and has been proven to be able to reduce intestinal pain and to prevent or relieve Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). 
The commercial application of HOWARU® Dophilus also has a long history, which can be traced back to the mid-1970s. The product has been sold in North America and international markets for over 30 years and 15 years, respectively. It’s the world’s first lactobacillus acidophilus used for health foods. HOWARU® Dophilus has obtained the New Resource Food certificate in China.
Currently, HOWARU® Dophilus is often used in milk, yogurt, formulas, chocolate bars and dietary supplements as a freeze-dried ingredient, suitable for a wide range of people from infants to seniors.
It’s been proved in science that the use of lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM® in a daily consumption of 1 billion CFU of (this dose will normally be provided by a single serving of a food product, e.g., a single 150g cup of yogurt) can improve gastrointestinal health. Specifically, the bacterium:
- Can increase the level of natural good bacteria in your body
- Aids in digestion and health
- Reduces gastrointestinal discomfort
- Maintains the balance of healthy microflora
- Has a positive impact on the composition and vitality of the intestinal microflora
- Improves your tolerance to lactose
- Is very suitable for survival in the intestine
- Is highly tolerant to gastrointestinal conditions
- Has powerful adhesion to intestinal cells
- Provides protection against intestinal pathogens
Why choose HOWARU® Dophilus?
- Most widely studied probiotic and the first to be commercialized in the world, with solid evidence to prove that it’s safe and can improve intestinal health
- Available in various formulas to meet everyday needs and suits different groups of people from infants to seniors
- Highly stable in various products
- Has obtained the New Resource Food certificate in China
1. Rousseaux et al, Nature Medicine 13, 35 – 37 (2007)