HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife
HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife
EarlyLife (Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™)
Safe and efficacious, supporting the development of gut microbiota and immune systems in infants
When a family welcomes a new life, their heartfelt happiness is usually followed by the new parents’ concerns for the baby. Eczema in infants is such a health issue it is a concern for the entire
HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife contains the probiotic strain Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™ and is designed specifically for pregnant women and children (0 to 2 years). Its safety has been proved by clinical trials. It has also been confirmed to support the development of immune health in infants, and lower the incidence of eczema. HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife provides a protective umbrella for the health of infants.
HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife has demonstrated impressive efficacy in the reduction of eczema.
In research conducted by Wickens and his team for several publications, a double-blind, randomized placebo controlled clinical study was conducted with 316 mothers and their infants. Pregnant mothers were supplemented daily from 5 weeks pre-term to 6 months post-term if they were breastfeeding. Infants were supplemented daily from birth until 2 years of age. The probiotic was administered in capsules to mothers and as powder, powder diluted to milk, or sprinkled on top of the food to infants. 
Results demonstrated that:
- The children in the Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™ group experienced a significant reduction of 44% in the cumulative prevalence of eczema at two years of age.
- The effect of Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™ on decreasing the prevalence of eczema persisted until 6 years of age, when the cumulative prevalence was found to be 44% lower.
After the follow-up study at six years of age, results showed that:
- Supplementation with Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™ decreased the cumulative prevalence of positive skin-prick tests by 31%
- At age 4, the relative risk of rhinoconjunctivits (rhinitis and red eyes) was found to be 62 % lower in the probiotic group.
Why choose HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife?
- Proven to support the development of immune health in infants
- Significant protective effect observed during first 2 years of life, a prolonged effect over 6 years and a unique long-term benefit promoting balanced immune health
- Proven as safe and well tolerated by mothers and infants
- Available in a range of formulations to facilitate daily consumption
- Proprietary stabilization techniques ensure that EarlyLife maintains its prime condition throughout its shelf-life
- Strain is approved for incorporation into infant food
1. Lee J, Seto D, Bielory L. Meta-analysis of clinical trials of probiotics for prevention and treatment of pediatric atopic dermatitis[J]. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2008, 121(1): 116-121. e11.
2. Thestrup‐Pedersen K. Atopic eczema. What has caused the epidemic in industrialised countries and can early intervention modify the natural history of atopic eczema?[J]. Journal of cosmetic dermatology, 2003, 2(3‐4): 202-210.
3. Van Der Aa L B, Heymans H S A, Van Aalderen W, et al. Probiotics and prebiotics in atopic dermatitis: review of the theoretical background and clinical evidence[J]. Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, 2010, 21(2p2): e355-e367.
4. Wickensetal. 2008; Wickens et al.2012;Wickensatal.2013